Film curator Peter Lucas commissioned me to create intro titles for Mess With Texas, a world premiere screening at Aurora Picture Show featuring brand-new found footage films by The Art Guys, Robert Pruitt, Jennifer Lane, Scott Stark, Krista Steinke, Nick Bontrager, and Prince Varughese Thomas, all made from regional archival footage from the Texas Archive of the Moving Image (TAMI).
- Found footage & found sound from the Texas Archive of the Moving Image (TAMI)
- Sharpie on bathtub-bleached super 8
- Watercolor & dry-erase marker text on underlit glass (animated using a technique suggested in a Popular Mechanics article from 1958)
- A 78 RPM 7-inch recorded by a Texas family at an unknown tourist attraction sometime in the 1940s (found and purchased for 25 cents at Sand Dollar Thrift)
- An out-of-tune piano gathering dust at The Salvation Army on Washington Ave.
“…[U]sing source footage from the movies, newsreels, homemade films, and television shows collected by the Texas Archive of the Moving Image. These re-workings are creative intersections of past and present, bringing new life and new perspectives to regional media memory.”
— Aurora Picture Show